Rear quarter panels

Title:
Mel,

According to my Hollander Interchange manuals, the answer is "sort of" to "mostly".  Here's the scoop:

'57-'58-'59 rear quarters are for the most part interchangeable, as you ask, FDHT to FDHT, CONV to CONV, 2DR HT to 2DR HT, 4DR sedan to 4DR sedan, etc., EXCEPT for the 4-dr sedan.  See below.   It's also mentioned that this is the outside assembly, less the wheel housing, in most instances.  But I don't know if the wheel housings would be different or not.

This additional information is supplied:
2D HT and convertible:  the lower side, lower panel is the same for both cars.

4D SEDAN:  '57-'58 are the same; '59 is different.  However, the lower side, lower panel is the same for all 3 years, and also the same between 4D HT and 4D SEDAN.

I hope that's clearer than mud, if only slightly.  (;-D)   If it's not, e-mail me back and I'll type it exactly like it is in the manuals.

--Brooks in Dallas
  PS:  I am reading under Imperial, not Chrysler.  It doesn't appear that any of these panels share with Chrysler, tho I'm not surprised.

Mel Wyshynski wrote:
Would someone please tell me if the rear quarter panels are interchangeable for '57, '58 and '59. That is convertible to convertible, FDHT to FDHT,... (or are some the same such as convertible to 2 door?).
Thanks
Mel