Rules, 4 Who...?, READ SUBJECT & DELETE!

Rules, 4 Who...?, READ SUBJECT & DELETE!

Dear IML Friends,

I apologize, but I have to say...  Why do we always end up back 'here'.  Long threads pertaining to the best way to remove a door handle used on one particular year seem to be 'acceptable'.  But if someone tries to discuss something pertaining to the history, marketing or advertising of Imperials, they get slammed, and that's not fair play.  Different hobbyists collect cars for different reasons, and express it in different ways (mechanical, engineering, performance, styling, image...).

When you see a message/thread about something you are not interested in - JUST DELETE IT.  You are not obligated, nor should one EXPECT to be interested in EVERYTHING on the IML.  As the owner of a 1960, I have only passing interest in things about 1970's Imperials, but those owners have EVERY BIT as much right to discuss them as I do issues surrounding the "Forward Look" era cars.

And for the record, John is right.  What is more, the "Chrysler Imperial" Rose was COMMISSIONED by Chrysler Corporation to use in it's advertising campaign for the recently revived full-line of 'owner-driven' Imperials for 1952 (or 53, can't remember).  By chance, it became an award-winning rose that, frankly, is probably more widely remembered by the majority of the population than most of our CARS.  We even have a page about it on our website:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1954/RoseParade/

Again, such threads may hold no interest for some of you who are only into the 'physical reality' of the actual nuts and bolts cars.  That's fine..., for YOU.  But WHY is it so hard to delete subject lines that do not interest you?  I do it, and so can you...  But telling me (and others) which aspects of the hobby we have permission to be 'energized' by is very troubling, indeed.

Respectfully and with Concern,
Jim Byers
60 Le Baron Southampton
Washington, DC

P.S.: If you read this and didn't want to, you should have read the subject line and deleted it.....