Information on pulling Hemi

>What is the easiest way to pull the engine and transmission?

Yes ! It's a very heavy assembly but it's better than have two
assemblies which are not very easy to take appart .. You'll have to
remove speedo cable, trans. cable, hand brake cable and some wirings as
neutral safety switch (and all the engine wirings + distr. cap). remove
also the front end grille, it's easier.

>Is
>there any real difference between a 57 to 59 Imperial? I'm just looking for a
>rust free (or as much as possible) body and those 3 years use the 392.

No 392 in '59 !! Ther's some small differences in the frame: '58 & '59
have longer rear leaf springs so the threaded holes in the frame are not
in the same place. '59 have a 413 CI so the front support engine are
different. Frames also are different between  4dr sedan and 2 dr HT (no
"X" renforcement) and 4dr HT / 2 dr conv. ("X" member).

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad