poor reception

Well, folks, I found another antenna for my '68 and put it in today.
Bzzzz-- it goes right up and comes right back down.  So I'm happy about
that; now at least I have a complete working antenna.

However, my FM reception has not improved much.  AM is much better--
used to not be able to get any AM at all (the difference b/n freq.
modulation vs. amplitude modulation, I guess).  But on the FM side, I
still get a lot of what I would call crosstalk or bleedover.  You hear
one station-- but you also hear several other stations in the
background.  No matter where I am on the dial I'm getting several
stations at once.

Anybody know how to cure this?

Thanks, Mark