68 Imperial

Hi all,
Just thought I would up-date the list on the 68 Imperial I checked out over the weekend.  First though Thanks to DO^2,2x68s for the advice on what all to check for.  To bad I didn't need it.  I was a block away from the car  and I knew I wasn't going to be buying an Imperial that day.
Not that the car wasn't a darn solid car for this part of the country and not that it didn't run like a dream.  It was the fact that it wasn't an Imperial but a 68 Newport Sedan.  It only had power steering and a radio and a non-factory 8 Track for options.  How they could mistake it for an Imperial is beyond me.(especially when it clearly said Newport on the side,  Even my wife knew it wasn't an Imperial), but the old gentleman that actually owned it was there telling me all about how great a car it was and I think he referred to it as an Imperial at least once if not twice.  He had owned it since it had about 6,000 miles on it and used it for a traveling car I guess He said he and his late wife drove it to Arizona a few times (the Car has 47,000miles on it now).
The lady said they had decided they would take $2,000 for it but I think they will be lucky if they get 500.00  However if it had been a 68 Imperial in the shape the Newport is in I would have definitely offered 1,500.  It purred like a kitten and was really very solid for these parts.  I am sure glad I only had to drive 19 miles for this lesson.  I have driven farther  before for bigger surprises and wouldn't be too surprised if I do it again.  But that's part of the fun I guess.

Steve T
62 LeBaron