wireing

Gauge is still the same. Smaller the number the heavier the wire.Newer wires
tend to use different types of insulation which are thinner yet "better". As
long as you you use the same wire gauge and route the wire properly so it
does not chafe not too much to worry about. You can buy wire with heavier
insulation if so desired. There are places like www.riwire.com that
specialize in older auto wiring and supplies.

R. Giesbrecht