treating a convertible top

anyone know of and recommend any type of treatment for my convertible top on my 68 imp? Something that will increase the life and make the top look spiffier? (spiffy? when was the last time you heard that word used?) or should i just leave well enough alone?
thanks
tom
68 imp convert
60 nyer 2dr ht (recently in the wpc mag photo meet issue)