Sloppy steering

I didn't know this was going to turn into one of those subjects folks
lined up on one side or the other on . . .

I think part of the problem is, I am very picky.  I doubt many people
who drove my car would notice any problem with the steering.  So I
think
some of you may be imagining a bigger problem than I really have.  For
some folks, "sloppy" is spilling the mashed potatoes and peas on the
floor; for me, it's when one of my peas bumps up against the mashed
potatoes and gets a little gravy on it.  :)

I never discounted the effect of time on the condition of a car.  If
that is what it seems like I said, then I must've misspoken or I was
misinterpreted.  However, you can't simply discount mileage and say
it's
"irrelevent."  I would also say that the way you drive is a major
factor, too.  I tend to be very easy on my cars.  I don't take railroad
tracks at speed, corner hard, etc.

In my limited experience, I can't recall any of the 25 or so cars I've
owned ever needing new bushings or other front end components
just have to chime in and say you definitely don't live in the Pothole
state of Pennsylvania. In just one year of normal driving, you could very
well need front end alignment work irrespective of age or driving habits.
Regarding steering feel, I find that most all older, larger cars feel
(loose) compared to the modern vehicles of today including commercial
trucks and vans of the same size as the older full size cars.