From: "De Vere Bredvik" <dmbredvik@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: IML: History repeats itself

My first car is a 1971 New Yorker, I still have it. My point on the
Chrysler - Imperial thing is : have you ever tried to simply interchange a
1964 Imperial wheel with a Chrysler? They will not change, and did not till
1974! In fact if I remember right, 67-73 Imperial wheels will not fit 1966
and down Imperials. Imperials also had full frames until 1966, Chrysler did
not. I collect Imperials more than Chryslers simply because they are much
more luxurious, heavy, stronger, quieter, ride better, and in my thoughts,
just simply look better. 65 Imperial and a whole herd of others, (mostly
Imperials). P.S. the first time I have seen the "Imperial by Chrysler" thing
is on my 1973. Personally if someone did not know at that time what a
Imperial was, it just added to the mystery. I never herd someone refer to
their Lincoln as a "Ford Lincoln" or a Cadillac as a "General Motors
Cadillac" So..... I do NOT own any "Chrysler Imperials". After 1975 or
before 1956?, This would not be true as Imperial was a model of Chrysler.
>From about 1956-1975, Imperial was a Make. I am a stickler on this! Me and
the Colorado division of Motor vehicles go around and around on this,
because they try to change my Imperials to Chryslers. (I collect 1960-1975.)
(Funny thing is a G. M. Wheel will fit a 1967-1973 Imperial. In my
experience in an emergency, I put on a 76' Buck La Saber wheel on a 67
Imperial and noticed no difference! )