Dual Air

Chrysler put Dual Air Conditioning in a lot of cars, notably the
Imperial and the T&C Wagons. Additionally, Chrysler "Airtemp" is what
comes into my mind when I think of what A/C should be: Think lots of
cold air, condensation on the die-cast metal vents, and Max AC!!!

I never owned a Dual Air equipped car, but my guess is that these cars
must have been like refrigerators on wheels! Was this a needed option?
What with such a great system to begin with, I wonder why they went to
the trouble to add a second system? When the second system was part of
an Auto Temp system would there be a second set of controls for the
rear system? Maybe the rear system was a carry over from the years when
A/C first appeared in cars, usually on the rear deck, and they just
kept it there as an option while adding the front system?

Just the ramblings of my mind......

Ed