to hood ornament or not to hood ornament?

to hood ornament or not to hood ornament?

I believe that from 1957 on, the years of the forward look, one of the most important elements lost was the hood ornament. The new look was for clean lines without the clutter of such things as hood ornaments, which represented the past. To me, putting a hood ornament on a 1957 or higher year car, would be like putting chrome wheels on my 1959 Imperial. The Ruffalo 1959 Imperial is probably one of the best preserved '59's out there, but believe me if I ever got my hands on it the first thing to go would be that horrible hood ornament!
Bill '59 Crown