Temp sending unit for '68

How did you know who my neighbors are?  They don't really advertise the fact
they spend half the year down here.

Seriously, thanks for the input.  I did not drive the car, I just let it sit.
Maybe it didn't have a chance to warm up enough . . .

But this is what confuses me.  If the thermostat isn't opening all the way,
wouldn't that make for a hotter engine, not a cooler one?

At any rate, I think I have found the right unit.  It is listed on the Checker
site as being for a car with a light (mine has a gauge).  But when you click on
the detail, it shows the right looking part and says "for a light OR a gauge."
That "or a gauge" is really critical info.  Don't know why they didn't list it
that way righ up front . . .

Anyway, we'll see.  Thanks again, Mark