From: jsadowski
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 69 Headlight Door Relay Quest.

The relay is above the parking brake assembly & you practically have to stand on your head to change it. I bought a new one & when I was wiggling the connector on the old one, the doors closed. So I thought just cleaning the contacts was all that was needed. After spending nearly 2 hours on a hot day doing this, it worked fine. About a week later, it stopped working again & had to go through the process again & install the new relay.About 7 years later & the doors are still working with no problems.
  Someone that knows how to read the build date should be able to tell you when your car was built One thing I under stand is that the early cars didn't have front headrests available, so if your car has them, it would be a later build car.
John