Historic Brooklands

Hi all

I visited a car show for Chryslers and Chrysler engined vehicles one of
the latter being a friends Jenson interceptor at Brooklands museum near
Weybridge in Surrey (England) Sunday.

The day started off badly when upon arrival we were ushered into a parking
area away from the main show, this was soon rectified when a calm but
forthright moan to the organiser  which opened up some extra parking area
for what
we all know is the cream of the Chrysler output. Once the new area of
parking had been opened up i roped in another Imp owner to join me in the
main area,
he being Mervin the owner of very loud green 61 Imp.

Other mentionable cars were Ray with an outstanding 50 black Imp,
Mark (ex drummer for the band "Big Country") who's gold 69 i have mentioned
before and not forgetting a fellow IML member David Munson who was showing
his 63? crown vert in silver which he has owned for 17 years.

So after an initial settling down period and on and off showers the day went
well with some fine cars to view and some friendly people to chat with, all
set with the backdrop of one of motor racings most famous circuits,
Brooklands,
which hosted motor racing and cycle racing events since the early 1900's and
was
later the site of various aircraft manufacturers including BAE or British
Aerospace who offered me an apprenticeship 22 years ago but closed down
some years later (they obviously missed my talents too much:-)

History lesson over you at the back of the class wake up.

Neil 82 Imp
London England.