60 exaust replacement

Sounds about right to me.  To do it right with a
really high quality muffler and resonator, custom
bending the pipes from the engine back, and fitting it
all through that funky donut insulator in the center
of the car, and ending with the tips cut like the
original, would cost about that much.  A good muffler
is about $60-80, resonator a little less.  Add pipes,
hangers, labor, etc., and $220 comes up pretty
quickly.

I finally put a really good dual system on my 66
LeBaron.  We used a photo of a 1960 bare chassis as a
guide, and I told them to put on the biggest, most
Lexus-quiet muffler and resonator that would fit. It
cost about $450.  You can't hear the car run now.

You might find someone who can do it cheaper, but I
can tell you from experience you don't want to use a
bargain basement muffler nor omit the resonator.  I
have driven Imperials like that and it ain't the
pretty.  Sounded like I was in beater Plymouth.  The
silence of a properly installed, original-style, high
quality system is impressive, and money well spent.

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 Crown Convertible
66 LeBaron