1955 Imperial mex rim width?

Does anyone know the maximum width to fit a '55 Imperial?  I know 6"
works, what about 7"?  Reason I'm asking is because I've lost a hubcap
and rather than spending for that now I'm considering the various
aftermarket wire wheels and perhaps there's experience here to learn
from.  Thanks, Norm

--
"The web has got me caught.  I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got."  <via Nat King Cole>