Chattanooga Gathering pre-report

Just returned from a simply wonderful gathering at Robert and LaQueta Soule's in Chattanooga.  Perfect weather, very pleasant location under the trees in Robert's front yard.  Jeff Carrothers drove up in his just painted 64 LeBaron with new chrome.  OH MY GAWD!!!  His 66 300 was also there.  Mark McDonald drove his 68 convertible up from Panama City.  John Muller had his 78 NYB and 73 LeBaron.  Roger and Eileen Cooper drove over from Charlotte in his 69 Imp.  Stunning original car.  Elijah Scott had his 'new' 71 (or was it 70??) Bunch of other folks with details and photos to be shown later.  Some new faces also.  Melissa and Gary Graham came up from Atlanta.  Melissa is getting her Grandfather's 62 in a couple weeks.  She remembers riding in this car with him as a chile.  They were like the proverbial kids the candy store riding and driving cars and meeting everyone.  Delightful couple.  Gary is a 'piper' as in he plays the bagpipes and he honored us with a too brief concert around the bonfire Saturday night after supper at the Sonic.  Probably the neatest thing I've ever seen at a car show.

Robert had the 'show' field all decked out with flags and an authentic service station 'bell' that dinged everytime someone drove across the hose.  What a hoot.  There was a bunch of driving going on so the old bell was a ringing!

Saturday we caravanned to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum for lunch and a train ride.  Fun drive other than my 'new' 62 threw a shoe, literally!  About there we noticed a definite grinding on the right front wheel when the brakes were applied.  Metal on metal and ugly sounding.  Jeff Carrothers had a jack and some tools so I pulled the wheel and tire off.   When I did, BOTH brake linings fell out on the ground!!!

I've only had this car a short while and THOUGHT the previous owner did the brakes.  Obviously, this is what I get for thinking.  No harm done and since I had trailered it over (only driven it 20 miles previously and was not willing to do a 200 mile break in trip with my wife in the car) I returned with my trailer and loaded it up.  Ken Newberry had driven the 66 300 so there was no shortage of cars to drive.

Jeff Carrothers make barbeque for everyone Friday night that was absolutely mouth watering.  We kept trying to convince him to market the sauce.  Great weekend.  New cars, new friends, old friends, good fellowship.  Lots of photos were taken and we'll get something posted soon.  Many thanks to Robert and LaQueta for hosting such a fun weekend.

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 62, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques