crappo brake shoe glue

Kerry -

On those shoes of yours that came apart - I got a rebonded/rebuilt set for my 60 a few years back and they didn't even make it a block before seperating.  I took them out and the shop sent them back with copper rivets or something mechanically holding them on.  You may have had a car that did get its bakes done, just with bad glue holding the linings to the shoes?  I take it back if there wasn't much meat left on yours (you didn't say), but that sounds like what I had happen.

I'd suggest that members be skeptical about reman brake shoes until they get broken in and bedded through a few miles of real use and maybe a good hard use near tools as a final check.

-Kenyon

Do you Yahoo!?