wiper motor

Fellow Immperialists,
    My question is regarding whether or not three speed wiper motors from 69-71 new yorkers,t&c,300,or newport interchange.I checked the archives,but really did not see anything to help me.If I run a jumper wire from the battery sometimes the wipers will move.Am pretty sure the switch is bad,but am also wondering if the motor could possibly be creating resistance in the circuit .Any advice would greatly be appreciated,would also like to know if new switches are available anywhere.
Electricals are really not my strongsuit,but luckily have a friend who is a genius with electricals,he has taught me a lot.
Thank You,
Travis

69 crown 2dr