ATC Blower Removal

Today I set to removing the blower motor/fan assembly. This is unnecessarily
difficult. This kind of thing makes me wonder what Chrysler engineers were
thinking when they designed these cars. They certainly weren't thinking that
anyone would ever have to SERVICE the car or anything! I ended up breaking
the blower flange taking it out because I couldn't fit it past the power
antenna. For the replacement unit, I removed the fan to make it possible to
get the motor back into the housing. I can then fit the fan to the motor
from inside the car after bolting the motor in.

First, I removed the plate that covers the blower motor and holds the hood's
torsion bar slider. I had to support the hood with a prop on the other side
to hold it up.

http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/atc/blower3.jpg
Two of the three nuts that hold the motor in are accessable without removing
anything further. You need to drop the inner fender to get to the third nut.

http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/atc/blower4.jpg
 http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/atc/blower5.jpg
I had to drop the power antenna down and give it a turn to attempt to get
enough clearance to remove the blower assembly. I never did get enough
clearance and ended up breaking the flange on the blower motor. No loss as
the motor is pretty much toast anyway. The thing is, the flange was plastic
or fiberglass but the replacement I have has a metal flange.

http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/atc/blower7.jpg
 http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/atc/blower6.jpg

Tomorrow, we try to get it all back together again.