'73 resto' project - TQ carb question

I don't think TQs are known so much for cracking as warping so that they get
vacuum leaks.  I believe that as long as the "plastic" is good they have no
other special problems.

As far as an 800 carb on a 318, remember the purpose of the spread bore is
to allow a larger carb size without having big primaries that drown the car
around town.  I personally think 550 for a big block is pretty small. I have
a 625 on my 360 and it certainly isn't overcarbed, but for general cruising
I guess you can't go wrong.

Rob