comparing Cadillac to Imperial

Interesting subject. I like both marques (have a 53 Imperial sedan,  67
Cadillac Calais Coupe with 15k miles). I'm not disagreeing, but I think you
have something of an apples and oranges deal going here, with Imperial
getting a little benefit. The '67-'68 Imperial (especially the '67) was a
high water mark in Chrysler Corp styling for the period, at least for me,
where the '69-'70 styling cycle for Cadillac was a retrograde effort for Cad
compared to the '67-'68, which was in turn not as nice as the '65-'66. if
you compared a '70 Cad to a '70 Imp, I think you may see build quality in
Cadillac's favor. Interiors...yes,  Chrysler put a lot of emphasis on them
vis a vis Cadillac. I'n not the biggest fan of the Chrysler Corp fuselage
styling of the era, also, but it is...interesting in its own way. I would
prefer it in its purest ('69) form. One thing, stylling wise, is for
sure...there certainly is a difference compared to the GM cars of the late
'60s.

And I like the way Chrysler is trying to do something fresh, design wise,
right now. Witness the Crossfire, for example. It puts the Audi TT on the
trailer.

Currell