Exner article

Hey everybody,

I was just going through some old magazines and I found one that might
interest the list. I knew some things about Exner ahead of time when we had
the Exner interview (I don't remember who did it, but it was really good),
and it turned out to be from an article in the July 2002 Car Collector.  The
one with the "Farewell to Plymouth." : (

Some things I learned: First of all Virgil Sr. loved black cars with red
interiors, just like my Dad. Second of all he had a Studebaker Indy racecar
from '32 that they raced and drove on the street for years. They drove that
Chrysler 500 show car as a personal car.  He generally drove 300s or
Imperials as his personal cars and a '63 Custom Imperial 4 door hardtop was
the final example of his own design that he drove.

There are 4 pages. The main article is "Designer's Choice: The Cars Virgil
Exner Drove."  There is a small insert about Virgil Jr and a page about the
Studebaker Indy car.  The article is based heavily on interviews with Virgil
Jr.  I can scan it if you want a copy for the site or anybody wants, but
remember, I'm an attorney and I'm not so sure about the copyright on this
article ;)  Don't expect it quick because I am notoriously slow and don't
have my own scanner.

Let me know,
Rob