Carb Problems - 62 Crown

I recently had carburetor problems with the Carter AFB in my 1959 Imperial. Knowing absolutely nothing about carburetors, I bought a $25.00 rebuild kit, and essentially replaced only the leather bound piston fuel pump. After correcting a few of my novice mistakes such as not removing the metering rods before opening up the carb, and then bending them when putting it back together, the car now runs better than ever. My alternative would have been to spend over a hundred dollars on a new Holley, which would mean the stock air cleaner would have to go also. I would say to keep the Carter, you most likely have the same problem I did which is a very easy, and inexpensive repair, just remember to remove the metering rods before opening up the two halves!
Bill '59 Crown