From: mike sutton
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 11:39 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 62 carb troubles

This subject has been around before, there are a couple reasons to keep the
original carb on this model.

1.  The linkage on the 62, as well as a few others of this era, is designed
to PUSH the throttle plates open and most later oem carbs, as well as nearly
all the aftermarket stuff like the Edelbrocks, Holleys, Predators and Demons
PULL to open.  Its not impossible to overcome this, but its another wrinkle
to deal with.

2.  The AFB is perhaps the simplest carb on the planet to rebuild.  The two
problems that would take the most ingenuity would be excessive throttle
shaft and bore wear ( causes a vacuum leak around the throttle shaft bores )
and a porous main body ( fuel leaks away after shutting down, sometimes over
the course of several days.

3. Cost...a Demon aint cheap!  Its also built more for a higher performance
engine and vehicle application than any of our Imperials.  If the AFB is
indeed suffering from one of the above listed problems, Holley can rebuild
it for you.  Most people dont know that Holley can and will rebuild
carburetors, even ones they didnt originally build.  Holley's website can
say more about that than I can.

Just my 2 cents....if you do install the Demon, or whatever other carb, Ill
give ya 20 bucks for the 62 carb you have now!

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe