Position of spare in '68

Mark,

The spare on the 68 Imperial convertible is flat on the trunk floor, on the right side,
with part of the tire in a cutout at the bottom of the removable side panel.  Behind this panel are stored the tire changing tools, jack, jack base plate, part that fits on jack then to the bumper and the lug wrench.

The above spare tire position is also used in all cars equipped with rear air condition-ing but I don't know if this applies to cars with rear heat.

In all closed cars, without rear air conditioning and perhaps rear heat, the spare tire is mounted over the rear axle hump in the center of the trunk.

On the convertibles I have the converible top boot well is black, this is true with two green tops and one white.

Bill/Imp, 68's