soft top well liner for '65 (and carpet)

soft top well liner for '65 (and carpet)

Thanks Chris (Hoffman) for your continued interest in my earlier post regarding
the correct top well color.  I asked the question because my interior is Patrician Gold and the original top was (probably) black.  I say probably because when I purchased the car it had a faded "putty" colored top (pinpoint grain) on it which was obviously not put on at the factory.  The liner in the car was black.  I was a little confused as to whether the liner should be the interior color, the top underside color, or black.  I look forward to the "final word" from someone on the List who is able to find the information.  Lillyvine wrote and asked about the correct carpet for a '65.  As I understand, the "correct carpet" is no longer available.  I sent samples to a lot of carpet suppliers who were not able to help me.  It is sort of a clipped twist from what I was able to get in the way of a good sample from under the seat.  I had to settle for a halfway decent substitute from Walston Carpets in Lucerne Valley, Calif.  They were the most help of all the carpet suppliers I contacted.  Good luck!

Greg McDonnell
Mobile, AL