Please Welcome a New Member Jason Reizner (1968)

Please Welcome a New Member Jason Reizner (1968)

New Subscriber(s): jason reizner
Email Address is: jreizner_lists@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: chicago & vancouver, depending on time of year

Car(s) owned: '68 crown 4-door hardtop (polar white on black)

Self-Introduction: hi.  i'm a gemini with a long storied history of amc's &
jeeps, but the '68 crown is my first foray into the world of the true-blue
non-stepchild mopar (excluding the '89 t&c van i used to work on for my old
man).

as for the imp, i first saw it sitting outside a little garage north of
chicago about two years ago, and was fascinated.  unfortunately, i had just
picked up another project wagoneer and didn't have any more space.  that was
pretty much the end of it, the imp disappeared after a while, and i moved to
arizona for a while. flash forward to this spring, i'm back in chicago, had
jost lost a jeep to a careless woman in traffic, and i happened to see the
car again back on the same lot.

on a whim i stopped in, and once i drove it my mind was made up.  $2000
later i was the proud owner of an original 52k mile car.  i bought the car
from the owner of the garage that had been serivicing the car for the couple
since they bought it new [from the c-p dealer in town, which is still
around, oddly enough].  he had acquired it from their estate a few years
ago, and was going to restore it, but lost interest [when a '64 vette came
his way].  he had a dealer license and never retitled the car, so i'm
technically the second owner now [the original title was with the sales tax
and transfer papers for the state].

thanks to the winters you don't see a lot of mopars of the vintage around
here too often, but the car is in swell decent shape for being 35 years old,
with pretty minor rust and a pretty decent interior.  once i get the car in
shape and cleaned up a little, she's getting a reprieve from sitting and
rotting away in the midwest, and is going up to vancouver with me for a bit,
where she'll live her days being gently used and enjoyed daily.

looking forward to the group,
jason reizner

68 imperial crown
90 grand wagoneer