!964 Imperial Custom Coupe

Any IML'ers who have a 1964 Mopar Parts Book have
noticed that Imperial was scheduled to have a base
model Custom series in 1964.  Plans for this model
were apparently cancelled at the very last minute
because all the specifications for it were included in
the 1964 Parts Book.

The 1964 Custom Coupe would have had the same roof
panel found on the Crown 4-door sedan, with a
full-width rear window and flat, non-ribbed "C" pillar
trim.  The 1964 Crown Coupe used the LeBaron roof with
its small, limousine rear window, and ribbed "C"
pillar trim.

While looking through E-bay I found a 1964 Imperial
Brochure for Switzerland that shows a large photo what
appears to be a 1964 Custom Coupe.  A prototype used
for photography(?), it seems to have the full sized
rear window and C-pillar trim of the 4-door hardtop.
The look is subtly, but distinctively different.

To check it out, go to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3613897239&category=1317

Chris H.

60 NY T&C