64 Imperial Custom

Hello All,
  In reference to the e- mail regarding the stillborn 64 Custom series, my 64 Crown came with the original factory book still in the glove compartment. After the usual congratulatory note from the Division Head, is a specifications page. There for all to see is a reference to a 64 Custom line. This is strictly my opinion, but anyone familiar with the 64 Chrysler line must know of the New Yorker Salon. This was a one model sub series of the New Yorker 4 door hardtop. It came standard with every available option in the 64 option book. It's list price was $5860. I believe that the only option was a full leather interior and the 300 K engine. It was billed as "the World's Most Complete Car." Since the 63 Custom 4 door hardtop listed for $5243 and the 64 Crown at $5581 it is easy to see the conflict that could have developed between each division.

                                                                 Allan From Billings, Montana