It's bite the bullet time

Well,

I think that I have finally decided to go ahead and take
the engine completely out of my 83 to work on it.

Trying to get the y-pipe 'un-welded' and removing the
center link and THEN working on my back on the
garage floor with crap falling in my face has set my mind.

I found an engine hoist kit at a local Big Lots store.  I may investigate
it.  I will also price out renting one.

I know that it will be FAR easier working on the engine outside of
the car.  Plus as I mentioned before, I can work on the engine
compartment as well as painting everything.

Does anyone have info on 'special things' to look for when
pulling an 80's 318?  I know that there are air tubes going
to the catalytic converter and other stuff that is not shown in
that Rebuild Book I bought.  Can the newer style A/C
compressor be moved w/o dumping the R-12 (which still works)?

Wish me luck.

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY  USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx