where'd my oil pressure go?

Pull your oil filter and dump it it a clean glass jar.
 Let all of the crap come out of the filter.  Then
filter the crap through cheese cloth and see what is
in it.  Metal bad sign, black lumps is the type of oil
you changed too.  Differnt manufactures use differnt
additivies.  If the oil fill cap is clean this should
not happen (black gunk on the oil cap shows lack of
oil change).  I bought a 62 mercury comet with a
engine 35,000 miles on it.  A guy at the neiborhood
gas station told me to switch to Delo Diesel oil so I
didnt have to change as often.  I lost oil pressure,
smoked and rattled in 45 miles.  I was later told that
a engine must have Parifin build up in it to seal the
rings, bearings ect.  The Delo cleaned that out and it
ruined the engine.  Rule of thumb always use the same
oil in the engine that was used before.  Brand name I
mean.  Weights of oil dont make much differnce.  Watch
out for synthetics and oil additives too. I hope your
OK with your eninge.  I was lucky on my 55. Ithas all
of the oil filter service stickers from the dealer and
gas station.  They use chevron in the car from the day
it was new and I still do. No problems to date and I
drive it alot. RC

PS Stay away from Slick 50 it will slick a rod out the
pan in no time.