ran out of gas

Today I had the 66 out testing the newly converted A/C.  That seems to work
pretty well with the 90 degree heat today.

I noticed the gas gauge going down today but was really busy so put off
filling up because gauge still moved from far left. Big mistake. I ran out
this evening and had to have lovely wife bring gas. I could see her grin.
Of course she brought me my lawnmower gas which is 87 or 89 octane.  Well
when I shut car off at next stop, I thought the old girl was a diesel.  I
had to turn off and on several times to get it to quit. After that
appointment, I went to fill up. At station same problem and a backfire that
sounded like a big gun.  Filled with $30 of 93 Octane as usual and runs like
a new one.  I never knew the octane could make that much difference.

I learned a lesson that I'll not soon forget

Matt Hopkins
66 Crown with almost full tank of 93
75 Lebaron
92 Imperial