Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: IML: ran out of gas

You're not the only one Matt. The gas gauge doesn't always work in my 1959 Imperial, and I use the odometer to determine when to fill it up. Usually when it gets close to 200 miles I'd better fill, or go for a walk. In spite of this method, I've still managed to run out of gas about four times already, forgetting the type of driving I was doing while on that particular tank of gas. I now keep a small gas can bungied in the trunk with about a gallon of gas in it just in case!
Bill '59 Crown