Wiring Harness

Actually, you'd want one generic harness which allows
for all the wires one could possibly require (going by
all the possible options combonations). And when you
don't have that option, you just don't soder anything
to that pin.

Kinda like the harness for the EVIC on the 90's Imps.
Only about half the pins are actually used.

Now if you can't get a replacement harness, one thing
you can do is make you own by finding a harness which
is easy to get (and will be for some time) which has
the same or more pins then what you need, then just
rewire. I went through this on a prior car. The best
way to do it is to make careful notes of what you have
originally, and do ONE wire at a time (i.e. cut the
wire going to each side of pin 1, put it to pin 1 of
the new harness, then move on to two, etc). That way,
there's less of a chance you'll mess up and attach one
wire to the wrong option/item etc. With older cars, a
mistake is less likely to destroy an electric goodie,
then say, the newer ones (I'd say 80's EFI and all
90's) were you have sensitive sensors and computers
which can get all kinds of problems if you send them
too much voltage, etc.

BTW- an other good idea when re-wiring is to use more
then one color for your wires (buy assortments of
different colored wiring). That way, if you have to go
back in to work on something, you don't have to
determine which wire you need by probing and tracing.
I found this out the hard way when I re-wired my Dash
so I can use the digital cluster- used all white
wiring for everything... but in my case I attached a
piece of masking tape to each wire which said what it
is... this might be good for short term, but I doubt
the tape solution would last a decade or so (and these
cars are built to last!).