59 engine woes

kerry is right, and as far as the rest of it, any competent and honest shop
can assess the condition of the engine accessories and other components at
that time.  If something is worn out thats one thing, but otherwise if it
aint broke you cant fix it!  I would never tell one of my customers an item
on their car needed repair or replacement unless I could back that up and
show them, I would hope that other shops would do the same.

3K is plenty, more than plenty in fact, to do this.  I think I would be
asking for a second opinion.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe