Unexpected IMP sighting in French film

Lastnight I went to a screening at the American Film Institute (AFI) theatre to
see a 1950's french film titled "Touchez Pas au Grisby" (or "Don't Touch the
Loot").  Stylized gangster caper film with otherwise 1940's-looking standard
post WWII European vehicle fare.

Towards the end of the film, the main character meets his very wealthy
lady-friend at a restaurant in (presumably) Paris.  Lo and behold she pulls up
in a white Imperial convertible! WOW - seemed to be either a 1952 or 1953 model
- but I'm no expert on that era.

The French seemed to like Mopars in their gangster flicks. In the follow-on to
this film "Bob le Flambeur" he drives a '56 Plymouth convertible.

This screening was the debut of a restored print, and is quite good (albeit
slow-moving by today's standards) on it's own (not just for the Imp sighting)
and it may go on tour.  So if you're near a repertory-type theatre keep an eye
out for it.

Regards - Mark.