'74 LeBaron

Hi Everybody,

 What would be a fair offer for a '74 LeBaron in very good condition? The
car has only 23,000 original miles on it. The paint (light green) and chrome
is good. There is no rust on the car, but I don't think it will stay in good
shape because the car is sitting outside. I checked out the car about a year
ago, and when I drove it the only thing the was in need of repair was the
brakes. At that time he wanted $8,500 for it. I said that was out of my
budget, and I didn't feel it was worth that much. The owner call me up about
a month ago asking me if I was still interested in buying the car. He said
make me an offer. He's moving to Pennsylvania next year in June, and he
doesn't want to take the car with him. He knows I'm interested, and said by
June it has to go. The question is what will the car be worth by June of
next year?

 Also he has a '77 Chrysler New Yorker that has to go also. He wants me to
buy them both as a package deal. I'm not sure if I want to do that. If I buy
them both I'll probably sell the Chrysler. Originally he wanted $1,800 for
it. That car needs a lot of work. It's white on white with bright red
carpet. Has some rust, and needs painting, new vinyl top, rechromed
bumper/grill, etc. Typical restoration.

 I'm differently interested in the '74 Imperial. Just not sure of the
offering price.

Rich Woolf
'66 Crown
'73 LeBaron