Not such a great day

I think we can all sympathize with unexpected mechanical problems.

However, one thing to consider, many "fully" restored cars are not that great mechanically.  Alot of hobbiest spend alot of money on the items that show, but have not spend alot of money on the mechanical items that do not show - such as suspension and engine work.  Alot of show cars that I have seen "smoke" quite a bit.  They can drive on and off the show field but are really not suitable for highway driving.  Even a $20,000 "fully" restored car can have a breakdown.

I think any car with a solid body is worth saving.  Eventually you get through all of the mechanical issues.  Just hang in there.

But on occasion, you do just have to park it until nerves and finances recover.

Wayne Jorgensen
66, 71