From: mENTAL mAN
Sent: November 04, 2003 9:05 AM
Subject: IML: trip to WILDCAT WRECKING

Hello All,

Thanks for all of your help re. my vacuum brake release on my '77 NYB !!!

I just wanted to relate a short story from my Saturday road trip to Wildcat Mountain Mopars Wrecking Yard.

It was a crisp 30 degrees Saturday morning but bright sunshine and clear skies, NICE for a November day in Oregon, I drove my '77 NYB to the yard, as it was only about 25 miles from my house. To get there you drive miles out a windy rural forested road, until you start wondering if you're actually on a two lane road to Montana. Then all of a sudden, a small sign on a BIGG Douglas Fir tree says WILDCAT WRECKING. I slammed on the brakes amd made a three point turn, then up the gravel drive past a variety of Chrysler products ( including a '56 NY Deluxe in what looks like original faded BLUEBERRY paint) to the BIGG metal pole building that is their front office, Parked alongside my yellow NYB was a HOTT lime green '60's Road Runner, and on the other side a baby blue '65 NY with the clear tail lights and glass over the headlights just like an Imperial. Well, the guys I met there were as helpful as can be and happy to talk Mopar and Imperials until the cows came home.

They let me wander around the yard and check out whatever I wanted. I guess my wife is right when she calls me mENTALmAN, because I couldn't help but think that I should have opened my own wrecking yard years ago instead of being stuck downtown working in a highrise office building pushing papers........ I felt right AT HOME there at Wildcat..... Anyways, I roamed amongst the Imperials, looking at the various years, trying to pick a year of car that I'd like to buy one of and restore......and speaking of TRANSMISSION COOLERS, I saw a couple of those single row ones that are about the same size as a radiator and mount right in front of the radiator......they probably had about 20 or 25 Imperials there, most were from '57 to '71, and I even saw a front clip that had shadows of little crowns on it, right above the headlights. I was sorry to see that they didn't have much in the way of '55 or '56, as that was my main intention for going out there, but the guys there couldn't ! have been nicer or any more accomodating. I'm going to tak e my wife out there this Saturday and show her a couple of cars that caught my eye, a silver '75 two door Imp(engine seized) and a '56 NewYorker WAGON that kept whispering "save me, save me, buy me"........

oh well, I'm a sucker for that kind of CRAZZEEEE CAR STUFF.

take care everyone, happy motoring.......

Michael Howlett

(not so)Boring, Oregon

Mopars and more...........

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free! ----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com ----------------- This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm