All time favorite Imperial/1974-75 LeBaron????

All time favorite Imperial/1974-75 LeBaron????

Hear! Hear! I'm sorry but I have to agree. PS I love
the duzy reference.
Joe
76 NYB

--- hallo allemaal <wombatdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hello,

What do you think of the fact that I believe the
1974-75 Imperials and 76-78 where the best looking
cars of the 1970's

The styling combines Cadillac (the sled look) and
Lincoln (hideway lights and mark IV like grille)
elements and has a beautiful Duesenberg look at same
time, a kind of neoclassical style that was about to
become very popular in 1974....

I like other Imperials as well, like the fuselgae
look, but I am a seveties man and just like the
pillowed velour Imperials and New Yorkers.

I think no other car make has such a nice and
distinctive style as the Imperials, they're just so
''different''.

Thanks, Dirk/theNetherlands

>From: Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx
>Subject: IML: All time favorite Imperial
>Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:41:08 EST
>
>I would just like to add my .02 cents here. It was
the 1957 Imperial which
>got me hooked on Imperials, unfortunately my love
affair only lasted up through
>the 1961 model year, with a break at the 1960 which I
found way too overdone
>and awkward. The 1962 was back on the right track of
distinctive elegant
>styling, but after that they started looking like
everything else. This is most
>likely the reason the 1958 sales were the best in
Imperial history. This is only
>my opinion, and even though I may have liked certain
styling more than others,
>I was still sad to see the Imperial line
discontinued, and then later
>resurrected as a Seville look alike, and discontinued
again.