emergency flashers

When were emergency flashers available as an option on Imperials?  There's
nothing in my 1959 literature, but a mechanic friend thinks Chrysler
offered them in 1960, perhaps as a dealer add-on.  I found no reference to
them in my 1964 Imperial and Chrysler sales brochures, but did in a 1968
Chrysler brochure.  I want to add them to my '59 as a measure of safety,
operated by a discrete switch or knob at the base of the dash.  I was told
that any set up that doesn't work as a steering column pull-out knob would
probably be okay.  I can't tell from the '68 brochure where the switch was
located.  Any suggestions from the group?

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1965 Pontiac Bonneville
1972 Buick Riviera