Help! Terrible Engine noise.

Well, I can tell you one thing, if you don't fix it, you will have a lot more
work to do if the fan flies off into the radiator. Low miles doesn't mean no
repairs. As others have already said, the water pump is probably going out. If
the fan is loose, it has probably gone out.

I once knew a woman who had a '64 New Yorker and didn't know that the fan was
about to come off. The water pump never leaked, and she didn't know anything
was wrong. When it came off she was entering a freeway and accelerating to
merge. Needless to say she didn't actually make it onto the freeway, and pulled
over to the shoulder.

The damages totaled the car. Among other things, the radiator was destroyed,
the power steering pump, alternator, upper, and lower hoses, the fan itself,
the hood was dented and the battery was fractured.

I would recommend that you not drive your car until you fix this problem.

Paul