glass fuel filter on a 69

I agree with this, however, I would like to state that Ma Mopar placed a
whole lot of rubber fuel hose in the engine compartment of my '79
Ramcharger.  I assume it's desirable to have a little rubber hose to allow
for motion and vibration and keep the metal line from cracking. My truck had
so much that it would kink right out of the fuel pump and cause problems.
>From the factory.

>From: "Peter Engel" <peter.engel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I second the motion.  I'd use only a metal body fuel filter -- no glass
>or plastic for me.  Further, I would never use a rubber hose on the
>pressure line between the pump and the carb.  There's a reason the
>factory used a steel line.  I've seen more than one car that "went up"
>after a rubber fuel hose on top of the engine ruptured.  Most recently a
>nice Corvette.
>
>Pete in PA

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.