Power Steering

If the hose you have is original to the car, and it has the reduction in
size, located about 1 foot or so from the lower end, it is probably OK, as
long as it does not leak.

If you are not sure it is the original hose, then we can only guess as to
whether it is part of the problem you are having.

Of course there are other possible sources for power steering noise, but the
fact that you had changed the hose triggered my previous response, as the
usual result of doing that is to cause the whining noise from the pump.

I'm thinking you also replaced the pump, right?   What is the condition of
the replacement pump, if you know?   This might come down to finding a
similar car without the noise, then swapping parts until you discover the
offender!

This is very likely an acoustic resonance problem, and sometimes seemingly
obscure changes make a big difference - for instance on another (non Mopar)
car I own, I discovered that I still had a moan from the power steering
system after doing every thing I knew, and then found that looping the
pressure hose in a full 360 loop (it was a little too long anyway) cured the
noise!  I'm not sure if the cure was because of the added loop in the hose,
or because it moved a portion of the upper section of the hose away from a
part of the body that it was touching previously.   (Not that it matters,
but this is on my 55 Hudson.)

Dick Benjamin