At the car wash (not a old song)

Here is a interesting story about the way insurance
companies work.  I own a 1955 Imperial sedan with
37,000 original miles on it. The car has been covered
in a heated garage for 20 plus years. It is a
beautiful original auto.  Last August I was being lazy
and took the car to a local car wash. It was a fully
automated wash with two hand wash attendants. As the
car went into the wash, one of the attendants blew the
paint off of the trunk. The wand he was using was a
high pressure wand and should never have been laid on
paint.  The company admitted that they did the damage.
It was turned into the companies insurance.  This is
where it gets interesting. I was told to take the car
for a appraisal for repaint of the trunk. I was told
by the Chrysler dealer that the paint can not be
matched. He stated that the type of paint on the car
is no longer used in the industry.  I called six other
body shops in the area only to hear the same story.
The insurance company then told me to get an estimate
on a total repaint.  Chrysler bid it at $4,200.  The
bid was turned in on August 28th of this year.  Last
week after multiple phone call to the insurance
company. They sent an adjuster to look at the car.  He
wrote a bid for $2,400 and depreciated the paint 50%.
They stated that the paint had a life of 10 years.
The company offered $1,200 to repaint the car. I have
filed a complaint with the state insurance
commissioner.  Has anyone in the group ever have this
type of thing happen to them?  I could use some help
on this.
RC    Billings Montanaaaaaa

=====