TQ replacement update

Hi all,
  just checking in after driving my '73 with the Edelbrock 1406 for a week.
  This car has never run so well,   (even when new)
I took a 300 mile drive on Thanksgiving, and with a mix of city and highway
(80mph) driving,  I got 13 mpg.

around town, where it would take 1/4 a tank to do one roundtrip to work and
back,  it's more like 1/16

I now have a smooth and very quiet idle, and at wot,  it really opens up and
screams.

The TQ  that was on the car was in pretty bad shape, and my attempt to rebuild
it revealed some bad patch work in the plastic body.
(I must have been getting 3-4 mpg in the city,  might as well just dump the gas
on the street)

I'm still getting the choke dialed in,  but all in all,  I am very very happy
with this.

I'd highly recommend this swap if you're having unresolvable trouble with your
TQ

Jack

81  Carter AFB