Timing Gears and Valve/Piston Interference

Timing Gears and Valve/Piston Interference

Hi all, I think the list jinxed my Newport     ;-)      (Paul, didn't u
start this thread? Hrrphmft!)
Coming off the freeway last night, motor died, cranks kinda funky, no start.
143k on this 440. I guess I'll add "Timing Chain R&R" to the "Torqueflite
R&R" @ 125k regular maintenance list.

My question on the subject: with my 1972, 8.2 compression 440, what are the
chances there could be piston to valve interference? No noises accompanied
this event, whew!

Thanks.
Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door