POWER STEERING PUMP

Hello list,
   Am I allowed two questions in one day?  Anyone ever
rebuilt a power steering pump from a '69 Imperial?
The pump is on the bench and I'm trying to remove the
oil seal.  The manual specifies a tool that screws
into the 3/8" treaded end of the rotor shaft to remove
the seal.  I don't have the Chrysler tool and need to
find a replacement.  But I can't see how it takes the
seal out, unless it crushes it inward.  Does anyone
have experience with this?  I can scan the manual page
and/or take a pic of the pump.

Thanks]
\Bruce s
69 coupe