Negative Comments

This thread is quite interesting within its own right. Last May I posted an
article about some 17 year olds at a local car show who were shunned by
other classic car owners on the field (which I was disgusted over) and who
were very enthusiastic about my Imperial and were taken aback because I took
the time to talk to them about the car.  Last Monday it was a clear day so I
decided to take the Imperial to a local beauty spot with good views to take
some photos.  On parking up two young lads approx 18 or 19 years of age
tapped on the side glass and asked very politely if they could photograph
the car for their college course.  I gave the lads the usual 20 questions on
what the course was and then agreed that they could photograph the car as
long as it was for their college course only and not for their own use upon
the internet.  Again I am for the promotion of the hobby and for helping or
trying to get the younger generation to understand that owning an old car is
not a taboo subject or something that they are only allowed to look at but
not touch.  Its still my belief that this younger generation will one day be
the custodians of our beloved cars and not just Imperials. I was impressed
with Erik Henly with his 63 LeBaron and it his his generation that we need
to work with.

As for my opinion of the guy behind the counter upon his remarks of the
Imperial 440 engine and dodge charger swap, in my honest opinion he wanted
his backside kicking because of the negative effect on that store, not only
locally  but world-wide  via this club (I wonder what his boss would think
about that!)  I would ask anybody that owns an old or classic car to
remember that we are ambassadors to a hobby that all too many people would
like to see squashed.

Just my tuppence worth
Dave
60 Le Baron